Welcome to Docata - the web portal for doctoral researchers of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Do you intend to do a doctorate or are you already pursuing a doctorate at a KIT Department? Docata offers you:
- Registration as a doctoral researcher at KIT
- Compliance with the duty of doctoral researchers to provide information in accordance with the Hochschul-Datenschutzverordnung (Higher Education Data Protection Ordinance)
- Download of information documents and forms (e.g. application for acceptance at your KIT Department)
- Reminders of deadlines
- Subscribing to the KHYS infomail
- Membership to Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS) and thus access to all KHYS offers
Docata was thus developed to support you in the best possible way during your doctoral phase at KIT - from the registration as a doctoral researcher to the printing of the doctoral certificate. At the same time, KIT is able to fulfil its legal obligations, in particular according to the Higher Education Statistics Law (Hochschulstatistikgesetz).
Prerequisites for registration in Docata as doctoral researcher are:
- Conclusion of a doctoral agreement with your main supervisor >> info doctoral agreement
- Owning a KIT account >> info KIT account
First step for the registration as a doctoral researcher in Docata - one-time registration as a user
Before using Docata for the first time, you must register as a user once with your KIT account (of the type “email@example.com “or “firstname.lastname@example.org” plus password).
>> To the user registration in Docata.
Login for users already registered in Docata
As soon as you have registered as a user in Docata, you always log in directly with your KIT account.
>> Login as a registered user
Important note: You will complete your doctorate at another university, but have your research focus at KIT or are mainly supervised at KIT? Or are you a postdoc at KIT and in the first qualification phase after your doctorate (usually 3 years)? Then please switch to >> Registration in the KHYS Network